The Sklabina Castle

Castle Sklabina with associated areas were royal gift to Ferenc Révay early 1600 by the Austrianhungarien unpire Ferdinand II.

Ferdinand II giftletter

The castle was inhabited until 1945 and contained the Révay Library and collection of Révay letters.

The end of World War II the returning German army burned everything to protect them-selves from the onslaught of Slovak/French partisans who operated in front of the advancing Soviet Red Army.

 

 

Back to the main site